October 17, 2019
As a member of the National Aging In Place Council, Home Care Matters is pleased to offer you this free handbook titled THE COSTS OF AGING. It is a great book, full of useful & practical information that you or a loved may not need now but is so good to have & know for the future.
It is available to the public for free on the ageinplace.org website.
Please see the release memo & download link below to get your free copy.
National Aging in Place Council
Membership Services Director
National Aging in Place Council
For Immediate Release:
National Aging in Place Council Publishes
“Costs of Aging Handbook”
Free Downloadable Guide Available at ageinplace.org
RELEASE COINCIDES WITH AGING IN PLACE WEEK EVENTS
OCTOBER 13, 2019—As part of this week’s National Aging in Place Week events, the National Aging in Place Council today published a new handbook titled The Costs of Aging that is available to the public for free on the ageinplace.org website.
This new tool to help older adults and their families make plans for later life goes hand-in-hand with NAIPC Chapters’ seminars this week on Paying for Aging in Place. Seminars featuring experts on aging in-home and complimentary services are scheduled in Atlanta, GA; Long Island, NY; Minneapolis, MN; Raleigh-Durham, NC; Orange County, CA; Riverside CA and San Diego, CA.
The Costs of Aging Handbook presents descriptions of the needs of aging and data showing estimated costs of housing and home modification, healthcare and caregiving, personal finance and planning, transportation and social engagement.
Among the information included in the 36-page handbook is:
• The costs of a menu of home modifications for more convenient aging, including ramps, stair glides, grab bars, and adding ground floor master bedroom suites and bathrooms;
• The costs associated with Medicare supplements, as well as permitted uses of Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid;
• The costs of car ownership and usage vs. the use and availability of public transportation; and
• The costs of working with a variety of financial advisors.
The handbook helps older Americans and their families assess what they are going to need and the seminars will help them find and best utilize the financial resources to fulfill those needs. The seminars will also provide the content for an accompanying handbook on Paying for Aging in Place that NAIPC plans to publish in 2020.
To view The Costs of Aging Handbook, please visit ageinplace.org.
A complete schedule of the Aging in Place Week events is available here.
The staff at Home Care Matters is available to talk with you and your family about all of your needs. Home Care Matters is a home care agency providing quality and affordable Home Care in Flowery Branch, GA, and surrounding areas. Call (770) 965.4004 for more information.
- Getting Help: When Should You Make Plans to Hire Home Care if an Aging Senior Is Vacationing with You? - April 16, 2021
- Burnout: Three Signs of Burnout You Should Be Aware of When Your Spouse Is Caring for an Aging Parent - April 9, 2021
- Exercise: Heart and Body – How to Help Your Elderly Loved One Stay Young? - April 2, 2021