Ready to find out more?
view our services
Let's Get Started!
get immediate help with info & pricing
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- One in four Americans aged 65+ falls each year.
- Every 11 seconds, an older adult is treated in the emergency room for a fall; every 19 minutes, an older adult dies from a fall.
- Falls are the leading cause of fatal injury and the most common cause of nonfatal trauma-related hospital admissions among older adults.
- Falls result in more than 2.8 million injuries treated in emergency departments annually, including over 800,000 hospitalizations and more than 27,000 deaths.
- In 2014, the total cost of fall injuries was $31 billion.
- The financial toll for older adult falls is expected to increase as the population ages and may reach $67.7 billion by 2020.
Falls, with or without injury, also carry a heavy quality of life impact. A growing number of older adults fear falling and, as a result, limit their activities and social engagements. This can result in further physical decline, depression, social isolation, and feelings of helplessness.
Home Care Can Help Reduce Fall Risk!
Our clients that benefit from these services are often the elderly, new and expectant parents, disabled individuals and those transitioning from a hospital or medical facility to home.
Duties may include:
- Monitoring Nutrition
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Planning, Preparation & Clean-Up
- Assistance with Laundry & Ironing
- Assistance with Grocery Shopping
- Changing Linens
- Transportation & Errands
- Dry Cleaning Drop-Off & Pick-Up
- Mobility Assistance
- Medication & Scheduling Reminders
- Escort to Religious Services
- Prescription Drop-Off/Pick-Up
- Aid with Reading
- Taking Out Garbage