In-Home Fall Risk Care
Home Care Matters is an Aging In Place provider of care services to (primarily) seniors in their home environment. We allow them to remain in their homes where they want to be; happily, safely, and independently, so they can age in place with dignity and grace.
Our families trust us with the care of their loved ones because we can give them custom, flexible options with a local advantage, as an independent, community-based business in their neighborhood.
Our clients, families their physicians, and our industry partners all say they are confident they’ll get hands-on, sensitive services, a professional attitude and staff, transparency, and the trust we build with their family when they need it most.
Our caregivers are Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA’s) or Personal Care Assistants (PCA’s) who are certified by the State of Georgia’s experience, testing and skills requirements. They also undergo additional programs and certifications that must exceed our high level of requirements and expectations before being accepted as part of our team. We hire based on a skill set and passion for people, aside from just a “warm body”.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- One in four Americans aged 65+ falls each year.
- Every 11 seconds, an older adult is treated in the emergency room for a fall; every 19 minutes, an older adult dies from a fall.
- Falls are the leading cause of fatal injury and the most common cause of nonfatal trauma-related hospital admissions among older adults.
- Falls result in more than 2.8 million injuries treated in emergency departments annually, including over 800,000 hospitalizations and more than 27,000 deaths.
- In 2014, the total cost of fall injuries was $31 billion.
- The financial toll for older adult falls is expected to increase as the population ages and may reach $67.7 billion by 2020.
Falls, with or without injury, also carry a heavy quality of life impact. A growing number of older adults fear of falling and, as a result, limit their activities and social engagements. This can result in further physical decline, depression, social isolation, and feelings of helplessness.
Home Care Can Help Reduce Fall Risk!
Our clients that benefit from these services are often the elderly, new and expectant parents, disabled individuals and those transitioning from a hospital or medical facility to home.
We love helping families find the right senior care solution. And those families love us. But don’t take our word for it, read our testimonials!
Home Care Matters makes it easy to get started with Senior Home Care Services in the Flowery Branch, GA area.
Providing exceptional In-Home Fall Risk care services in Flowery Branch, Braselton, Buford, Cumming, Dacula, Duluth, Gainesville, Johns Creek, Lawrenceville, Oakwood, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Barrow County, Forsyth County, Gwinnett County, Hall County, Jackson County, North Fulton County, and surrounding communities.
Duties may include:
- Monitoring Nutrition
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Planning, Preparation & Clean-Up
- Assistance with Laundry & Ironing
- Assistance with Grocery Shopping
- Changing Linens
- Transportation & Errands
- Dry Cleaning Drop-Off & Pick-Up
- Mobility Assistance
- Medication & Scheduling Reminders
- Escort to Religious Services
- Prescription Drop-Off/Pick-Up
- Aid with Reading
- Taking Out Garbage